Fans of Sega’s open world Japanese Mafia games will be thrilled to hear some details about Yakuza 5 emerge. The Sony exclusive franchise has had issues when coming to the states with Sega removing chunks of the game.
- The setting of Yakuza 5 will be Kamurocho along with another city. Current candidates include Sapporo, Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka.
- Nagoshi would not share the playable character count, nor would commit to the game being either single hero or multi hero.
- They’ve not yet decided if they’ll have hostess auditions for the game’s hostess component.
- Nagoshi says that it’s unthinkable to have a Yakuza game without main character Kazuma Kiryu. He views Kiryu as Mario-like for the series.
- Nagoshi really wants to make a “chapter zero” like entry which is set in the past of the Tojo Clan.